Monday, January 22, 2007

Story from IIM

A Professor at one of the IIM's ( INDIA )
was explaining marketing concepts to
the Students:-

















1 You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and say:








"I am very rich. Marry me!" - That's
Direct Marketing

















2 You're at a party with a bunch of friends and see a gorgeous girl.








One of your friends goes up to her and pointing at you says:








"He's very rich. Marry him." - That's
Advertising

















3 You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and get her








telephone number. The next day, you call and say:








"Hi, I'm very rich. Marry me." - That's
Telemarketing

















4 You're at a party and see gorgeous girl. You get up and








straighten your tie, you walk up to her and pour her a drink, you open the door (of the car)for her, pick up her bag after she drops it, offer her ride and then say:









By the way, I'm rich. Will you marry me?" -

That's Public Relations

















5 You're at a party and see gorgeous girl. She walks up to you and








says:








You are very rich! Can you marry ! me?" -

That's B rand Recognition

















6 You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and say:








I am very rich. Marry me!" She gives you a nice hard slap on your face.








- That's Customer Feedback



















7 You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and say:








"I am very rich. Marry me!" And she introduces you to her
husband.








- That's demand and supply gap



















8 You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and before you say anything, another person come and tell her: "I'm rich. Will you marry me?"








and she goes with him - That's competition eating into your
market share



















9 You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and before








you say:








"I'm rich, Marry me!" &your wife arrives. -

That's restriction for entering new markets

No comments: